Website Privacy & Cookie Notice
This Website Privacy & Cookie Notice is applicable to any personal information which is given by You to Us (“User Information”) via this web site. This Notice is devised to help You feel more confident about the privacy and security of your personal details. “You” shall mean you, the User of the Site. “We/Us” means Melita Limited (operating under the brand “melita.io”) hereinafter referred to as “Melita” and any member of “Users” means the users of the Site collectively and/or individually as the context allows. We process personal data only in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the Data Protection Act (Cap 586 of the laws of Malta) and any other applicable legislation.
1. What personal data do We collect?
Most of the data We collect is freely given by You in order to be contacted with the latest information from Us. As part of this exercise, We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Name and address;
- Contact details such as mobile number and email address; and
- Any correspondence you may send us.
2. How We collect personal data?
When using the Site and its services You may encounter areas such as contact forms, competitions, video services and other features, where You may be asked to enter User Information. Such User Information will be used in accordance with this Website Privacy & Cookie Notice, for the purposes for which it was collected and for any other purposes specified at the collection point.
3. How do We process the personal data collected?
By entering Your User Information via this Site You accept that We may retain Your User Information and that it may be held by Us or any third party company which processes it on Our behalf.
We shall be entitled to use Your User Information for the following purposes:
- to contact You in relation to the product or service that You have registered your interest in;
- market research, including statistical analysis of User behaviour which We may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form;
- in order to enable Us to comply with any requirements imposed on Us by law or court order;
- to monitor compliance with our Acceptable Usage Policy; and
- in order to send You periodic communications (including but not limited to SMS or e-mail), about features, products and services, events and special offers related to our products and services. Such communications from Us may carry advertising for third party companies or organisations. For your convenience You can withdraw consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in e-mails/SMS sent from Us. Please also note that We do not disclose Your User Information to third parties to enable them to send You direct marketing without Your permission to do so.
- to put You in contact with one of our partners, following Your permission to do so, in relation to a solution you are interested in. If you are no longer interested in receiving correspondence from our recommended partner, you are advised to inform said partner to cease communication and erase your personal data from its records, unless otherwise required by a statutory law.
4. Who are the third parties that may process your data?
The recipients and processors of your Personal Data are Melita and Our employees. We may also transfer your Personal Data to Our intra-group companies, affiliates and agents, to other authorised electronic communications operators, public authority or law enforcement agency and to third parties that provide services to Melita, for the purpose of being able to contact you and to provide you the service requested, monitoring how you make use of the website and our services and how we can improve.
Upon your consent, we may also pass your details to third parties in order to carry out market research, or to offer you better guidance on a solution you are interested in.
In order to be able to contact you or provide you with your Service, Melita may be required to transfer your Personal Data to recipients located outside of the EU. In doing so Melita ensures that the 3rd party recipients are either subject to an adequacy decision or to appropriate safeguards in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any other applicable legislation and that Melita has a justifiable ground for such a transfer, such as Our legitimate interest. Should you wish to obtain further information on third party recipients located outside the EU kindly click here.
5. How do we secure and retain your Data?
Security is very important to Us. Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as payments. Additional security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Your User Information.
6. What are Your rights?
You have a right to object to Our processing of Your personal data, access the personal data We hold about you and in certain circumstances request that We port such personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to You or to another third party indicated by You. You also have a right to request that We immediately rectify, block or erase Your personal data.
Blocking and erasure of personal data provided through your use of Our website may only be effected by Us subject that there is no legal and/or contractual obligations incumbent on Us.
If You have provided consent for the processing of data, You have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time, which will otherwise not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
Any queries or comments about this Notice should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information and Data Protection Commissioner if You believe that We have not complied with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation or the Data Protection Act with regards to personal data.